System for calculating the KOM points
– Points awarded in the KOM graded races will be 3 for first, 2 for second, 1 for third across each of the grades.
– Points are tallied on an individual basis, and ranking is not dependent on grade.
– Handicapper is free to nominate racers in the grade that they should be competitive in.
– At the completion of the race series, trophies awarded to the top three point scorers.
In the event of a tie at any of the positions, there will be a count back (for tied racers only) as follows:
– an additional point awarded for a second place on a KOM
– if still tied – an additional point awarded for a third place on a KOM
– if still tied – an additional point awarded for a top three grade finish in each KOM race
Note for 2020 & 2021:
In the above two years, all the KOM races were held on courses where the KOM line was also the finish line. In 2021 it was decided to award a KOM trophy to the first place getter for each grade.
Final Tally 2016
Congratulations to the 2015 winner Ian Hyde
Final tally for the 2015 series PDF